[darcs-users] [darcs-devel] darcs remove command

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sun Dec 7 17:21:51 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 07, 2008 at 17:54:53 +0100, Åsmund Skjæveland wrote:
> I've tested every way I can think of, and I'm very certain that I can no
> longer set PATH in any way through .bashrc or other init files when
> doing 'ssh <command>' to my university's linux servers. It annoys me to
> no end.

Thanks.  I think it would make sense for us to have this --remote-cmd
feature.

> My workaround will probably have to be to switch to Mercurial, since
> that system is at the moment installed at the login server, and also
> supports --remotecmd in the event. Pity, I rather liked darcs. Good luck
> in the future.

Happy hacking in any case.  I'm sure Mercurial is a fine revision
control system, and if you do return, you can teach us many other useful
things that Mercurial can do that we should pick up.

> Sorry, that comment was mostly in jest. I don't know any Haskell, and as
> much as I'd like to, I can't spare the time to learn a new programming
> language now.

Tsk.  And my interpretation was full of literal minded hopefulness!  :-)
Anyway, I've revived the issue, which is marked ProbablyEasy so that
folks who are learning the darcs code (and Haskell) can get to it.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9