[darcs-users] self-triaging new tickets

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 23:55:33 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 07, 2008 at 04:10:36PM -0000, Eric Kow wrote:
> P.S. Would you mind self-triaging by setting the priority field and
> maybe adding some appropriate Topics?  It takes some discretion of
> course; sometimes it's worthwhile to deliberately avoid
> self-triaging so that the Issue Manager has a better idea what's
> going on, but I think for easy stuff like this, it may be useful to
> Thorkil.  Thanks!

Sorry about that; initially I tried setting properties when I created
the ticket (e.g. "Subject: foo [assignedto=twb]") but this seems to
cause Roundup to reject the mail as naughty.  I haven't gotten around
to investigating that yet.

If I can't add properties when I create the ticket, I have to wait for
roundup to reply with a ticket number -- by which time I've normally
moved on to something else.

In the long-term, I expect "ru new" on my client-side ru(1) script to
be like reportbug(1), i.e. asking for a priority/severity and
prompting for a set of tags (topics) to include.