[darcs-users] hashed repository issue

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Mon Dec 8 21:28:12 UTC 2008

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> writes:
>  _darcs/pristine/0
>  _darcs/pristine/1
>  etc
>
> And storing the dirname in the inventory file for that directory
> might make sense
We can also easily take the git route and use
_darcs/pristine.hashed/<first-letter-of-hash>/<second-letter-of-hash>/<hash>

I agree it's a silly workaround for filesystem problems, but it is likely to
work well. In fact, it would, in my opinion, make sense to just have
_darcs/objects/... which would store both pristine files and patch files and
possibly any other files that we might want to store in future, with different
inventories just listing hashes.

The other possible approach would be to keep separate "primary" and "secondary"
objects (ala camp), so that we can point users at bits they can safely delete,
may the need arise for whatever reason.

Yours,
   Petr.