[darcs-users] hashed repository issue

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Dec 9 14:48:06 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 10:21:12 +0100, Petr Rockai wrote:
> So who's with me that for 2.3, we should add a "bucketed" keyword to our
> _darcs/format and start using it? Moreover, we need to do the same to our
> global cache, by now I get the following:
>
> 10:19:06 | morn at eri:~ -> l ~/.darcs/cache/pristine.hashed | wc -l
> 40645
> 10:19:10 | morn at eri:~ -> l ~/.darcs/cache/patches | wc -l
> 86769

This might be a good idea.  I suppose --no-buckets would have to be the
default until we are fairly sure that bucket-capable darcs is in enough
people's hands.  We wouldn't want somebody to install darcs 2.3 on their
server and then have people fail to fetch patches with darcs 2.2
(although at least the repo formats mechanism should make it fail
gracefully and maybe buy us a few more upgrades?)

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9