[darcs-users] Ledger file parsing again

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 23:57:28 UTC 2008

Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com> writes:

> Simon Michael wrote:
>> Speaking of your latest patch file (from the zip) -
>>
>> On the gnu/linux server (darcs 2.1.0pre2 (+ 14 patches)): I can
>> apply your patches instantly, both interactively and
>> non-interactively.
>>
>> On the mac (darcs 2.1.2): applying these patches interactively, or
>> pulling them, or obliterating them one at a time, hangs doing
>> seemingly nothing after the first y or n. However I can
>> non-interactively apply them, and obliterate --last 6 -a also works.
>
> Darcs-folk - does the above sound like a known bug to anyone ?

Simon,

I haven't run into this problem before (I don't run OS X), but my
initial suspect is your terminal emulator setup.

Can you provide details about that?  For example, "I was using
Terminal.app, the output of env is "..." and my shell was bash."  Please
also provide information about the GHC version used, and what
compile-time options were used (e.g. with terminfo, without curses, with
curl).  Did you get Darcs from a distribution (e.g. macports)?