[darcs-users] Bits from the RM

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Dec 10 09:20:59 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 11:18:35 +1100, Trent W. Buck wrote:
> While the approach sounds useful, I'm not sure I'd be happy about a
> whole bunch of news-X tags showing up in the main repository.  Could you
> (Petr) keep the news-X tags in a local branch, as a "here's where I'm up
> to" note?  You'd start with by recording a change to NEWS with -m "News
> as at 2008-12-04" and then amend it to "News as at 2008-12-11" and
> eventually "News as at 2.1.1", or whatever the next tagged
> release/pre-release/release-candidate is.  Only this final patch would
> enter the http://darcs.net/ repository, i.e. one NEWS patch per release,
> entering just before the release is tagged.

I'll just note that at the moment the part of DWN that desrcibes patches
applied is completely automated, so if we were to adopt this kind of
approach (and I do agree with Trent about being reluctant to see a lot
of news tags entering the repository), it would also mean changing the
way we do our news if we wanted it to be useful

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9