[darcs-users] darcs patch: Have "make tags" generate TAGS, too.

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sun Dec 14 21:50:13 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 10:43:54 +1100, Trent W. Buck wrote:
> I don't know.  I guess it depends on what the roadmap is for cabal
> becoming the "blessed" build system, and also on whether we ever
> intend to port the above targets across to Cabal.  Last time I was
> looking at this, ISTR someone saying something depressing like "I
> don't think we'll ever be able to get rid of make entirely" :-(

The earliest the cabal file will become blessed by 2009-07.  I think I
may have been the one to make this comment, but I don't find it
particularly depressing.

We could use Cabal for building darcs, and make for doing maintainer-y
things, which doesn't seem particularly objectionable because the need
to keep maintainer-y things accesible to a wide audience isn't quite
so large.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9