[darcs-users] DrHaskell report for darcs

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 23:43:00 UTC 2008

"Neil Mitchell" <ndmitchell at gmail.com> writes:

> It will only ever suggest eta reducing for the last argument, i.e. it
> will reduce:
>
> f x y = z (x y) ==> f x = z . x
>
> but no further. However, it tries to not break obvious symmetry, i.e.:
>
> f x y = f (g x) (g y)
>
> will NOT suggest f (g x) . g

In lintian, a quality assurance utility for Debian packages, there is a
facility called "overrides", where you can whitelist particular
complaints from lintian as being spurious (ignorable).

Does drhaskell have a similar facility?  For example, you might want an
whitelist entry like

    # Non-obvious symmetry that drhaskell didn't detect.
    Foo.Bar.f: eta reduction

> I guess what is needed is some way to disable certain options for
> certain people/

Like -Wno-eta-reduction?  And possibly a per-project (./drhaskellrc) and
per-user (~/.drhaskellrc) defaults?