[darcs-users] 'move' order in darcs chan --xml -s

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Tue Dec 23 22:46:02 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm writing this to here, as I don't know if this is a feature or a bug.

Let's say you create a repo:

dr init
echo a > a
dr add a
dr rec (1)
dr mv a b
rm b
dr rec (2)
echo a > a
echo b > b
dr add a b
dr rec (3)
rm b
dr rec (4)
dr mv a b
dr amend-rec (4)

Basically create two special patches.

(2) is about: rename A B, remove B - so B was not in the repo and after
the patch A won't be either.

(4) is about: remove B, rename A B - so A and B were in the repo and
after the patch only B will be, with the contents of A.

So you can see the order of remove and move matters a lot.

Now if you do a darcs changes --xml -s, then you *always* get the moves
first, so you can't decide what situation are you in.

Is this a feature? Or should I report it as a bug?

Thanks.