[darcs-users] darcs patch: resolve issue1273: Work around a race in download code.

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Thu Dec 25 21:29:20 UTC 2008

Hi,

this patch sort of fixes Zooko's race. I have actually reproduced the problem
(using just his recipe, darcs fell apart really quickly). Using the proposed
patch fixes the problem for me. I would use getProcessID but that doesn't exist
on win32. This seems to be reasonably safe...

Yours,
   Petr.

Thu Dec 25 22:16:34 CET 2008  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * resolve issue1273: Work around a race in download code.

  When we had multiple darcsen downloading the same repo, with cache enabled,
  they would stomp on each other's temporary files and die horribly.