[darcs-users] Tracking issues with regards to releases.

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Sun Dec 28 12:12:54 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have been looking at our bug tracker somewhat. I have noticed, that
OldReleaseCritical only has resolved bugs on it, so I have renamed it back to
ReleaseCritical and expect it to use for issues that are, well, release
critical. That basically means that we won't release with a RC issue that is
also a regression. There might be non-regression RC issues and we might
consider releasing with such bugs, although in cases where an extra week can
get us the issue fixed, I'll likely prefer delaying the release to releasing
RC-buggy darcs.

Moreover, I have added two new keywords, Target-2.2 and Target-2.3. The former
is a rename of ReleaseTarget-2009-01, the latter is new. I have also added two
searches, "Target 2.2" and "Target 2.3", and I will be using those to monitor
health of current in-development release. I'd also propose to move as much of
the Roadmap into the bugtracker as practical. I have edited the Roadmap to link
those two searches: http://wiki.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/Roadmap

I haven't converted everything yet, it's more like work in progress. Thorkil,
if you run across a bug that you deem important, please tag it with
Target-2.3. If it's a showstopper, ReleaseCritical would be in order.

I'll keep monitoring the RC and current release's target lists. Also, it would
be great if people could use the tracker and specifically Target-X.Y topics to
schedule their TODO lists. Since we are running on a half-year cycle, it is
neatly predictable how much time there is left for any given release.

Yours,
   Petr.