[darcs-users] Revision Control Discussion

Curtis Spencer thorin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 20:09:52 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am one of the maintainers of Cruxlux, a fairly new platform for
structured online debates, question and answer, and live blog
conversations.  The structured format allow rapid point counterpoint
interaction, exposes spin, prevents people from talking past each
other, and intuitively lays out the arguments on a given issue.

We currently have a question on there about which VCS to use on a new
open source project:
http://www.cruxlux.com/question/view/1095
and it would be cool to get some darcs supporters in there.
Just focus in on your system of choice (presumably darcs) and
give points to existing arguments or put forward your own points.

I want to expand this debate further by getting the experts in the
field to chime in.  Secondly, we are planning a podcast roundtable
session to accompany the answers to this question , and if anyone in
this list would like to participate for darcs, please contact me
at info at cruxlux.com or respond here.  The idea would be to get someone
from each vcs project (darcs,mercurial, git, monotone, subversion, bazaar) to
discuss the strengths and weaknesses of their projects, and then to
have a discussion about what new features (if any) should go into VCSs
across the board
in the next few years.

Thanks for reading,

Curtis Spencer