[darcs-users] Need help getting off darcs

Ben Coburn btcoburn at silicodon.net
Wed Jan 9 22:36:04 UTC 2008

On Jan 9, 2008, at 13:00, James D Sadler wrote:

> Hi Nathan,
>
> I did try this, but ultimately it still tries to pull from source to
> target and that's when darcs runs out of memory.  Maybe I missed
> something - I will have another look at this today.

In looking for quick ways to make subsets of a repository I once
messed with another way to do this.... Darcs init a new repository.
Manually copy (no darcs) patch files. Create the correct inventory
files. (As I remember...) One for each tag and then one for all yet to
be tagged patches that were copied. Run darcs repair to reconstitute
the working directory.

You will need to test this on a normal repository to make sure I
remembered the process right, but this will avoid pulling from the
source repository.

Regards, Ben Coburn