[darcs-users] getting different versions of a file

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Thu Jan 17 16:24:44 UTC 2008

darcs diff gets me a patch, but how do I get an earlier version of a
file?

I guess I could apply the patch, or I can create another repository from
the first.  But I'm looking for something easier, like co -p for rcs.

The files involved are binary; I gather this means darcs is just keeping
copies of them internally.

Background: I'm trying to figure out the on disk format of an old DOS
program. So I make a series of small changes, saving and recording a
version each time.  Generally I'm focussing on while file, though a
handful of files have changes.

I'm new to darcs, running 1.0.9~rc1-0.1+b3 under Debian GNU/Linux.

Thanks.
Ross Boylan