[darcs-users] getting different versions of a file

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Thu Jan 17 17:14:17 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 12:00 -0500, David Roundy wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 11:54:54AM -0500, Ross Boylan wrote:
> > >
> > > darcs show contents --help
> > $ darcs show contents --help
> >
> > darcs failed:  Invalid command 'show'!
> >
> > Is it a darcs2 only command?
>
> Ah, yes, so it is.  It's just that it was added before I took over as
> maintainer, so I didn't realize that.
>
> The easiest might be to get a scratch repo and obliterate.
Am I correct that with obliterate I could step back to different
versions of a file, but could not then go forward without making a new
scratch repository?

> > Also, I was trying to look at the binary diff with
> > $ darcs send -p disable -o dpatch .
> > but get
> > No recorded local changes to send!
> >
> > darcs changes -p disable does list a patch (which has only binary
> > differences).
>
> Just use darcs changes -p disable -v or darcs annotate -p disable (possibly
> with -u).
the changes and annotate commands only name the binary files that
differed, same as without the -v or -u modulo formatting.

And how come the send command is failing?

Ross