[darcs-users] getting different versions of a file

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Thu Jan 17 18:28:23 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 12:31 -0500, David Roundy wrote:

> binary
> > >
> > > Just use darcs changes -p disable -v or darcs annotate -p disable
> (possibly
> > > with -u).
> >
> > the changes and annotate commands only name the binary files that
> > differed, same as without the -v or -u modulo formatting.
>
> Oh right.
I thought I saw that darcs2 uses a more detailed binary patch format
than simply recording the whole file, though I can't find any such
statement now.  Does it?

An intelligent binary diff is really what I want to get between the
files (intelligent meaning that if one file has a byte added it would
record the addition of a byte as the difference, rather than saying
every single byte thereafter differed).

> > And how come the send command is failing?
>
> It's failing presumably because this patch is already in whatever
> repository you're sending to.
Ah; I thought the repository argument was the one from which to take
patches.