[darcs-users] next stable release?

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Wed Jan 23 18:59:58 UTC 2008

On Jan 23, 2008 7:50 AM, Jeremy Hinegardner <jeremy at hinegardner.org> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I think I have completely overlooked something, or am confused by the
> differences between darcs.net saying the next prerelease is 1.1.0pre1
> and the wiki saying the next prereleae is Darcs2.
>
> So, simple question.  Is the next stable release going to be darcs2 or a
> darcs 1.1.0?

I would say it's confusing on the developer end.  Darcs is at an
exciting fork in the road.  The next stable release of darcs 1.x will
be ready soon as darcs 1.1.0 and darcs 2.x is trying to become a
viable option and fix some design flaws that were discovered in darcs
1.x.

To answer your question, the next stable release will be darcs 1.1.0.
But, soon we will also see a stable version of the second generation
of darcs, as darcs2.

HTH,
Jason