[darcs-users] next stable release?

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed Jan 23 21:10:23 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 01:43:56PM -0700, Jeremy Hinegardner wrote:
> Also, I'm assuming that darcs2 and darcs can coexist safely on the same
> machine at the same time?  I'll start putting together a spec to package
> up darcs2 for Fedora.

They certainly can coexist.  Once darcs2 is stable, there won't be a good
reason to use darcs1 (since darcs2 can handle darcs1 repositories, but not
the other way around), but coexisting repositories is a good idea for the
prereleases of darcs2.  I *think* it's already as bug-free as darcs1 (or
more bug-free), but it's far less well-tested (in terms of real world use).
Department of Physics
Oregon State University