[darcs-users] how to build a darcs executable that reports its version number correctly

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Tue Jul 1 19:26:57 UTC 2008

On Jul 1, 2008, at 12:35 PM, David Roundy wrote:

> You could potentially consider trying to help improve this part of the
> build system...
> You'll have to be much more explicit
> than you were, if you want to provide a helpful bug report.

Okay, I'm sorry that my bug report was complainy.

I am somewhat interested in working on this aspect of the build
system, actually.  It is comparable to the "darcsver" tool that I use
for various projects [1].

I guess a good way to force myself to be explicit is to write a unit
test.  How about if I write a unit test that fails if ./darcs --
version emits a version number earlier than the most recent tag?

Regards,

Zooko

[1] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/darcsver