[darcs-users] Line endings

Nimrod A. Abing nimrod.abing at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 09:07:15 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

I develop on both Windows and Linux and from what I have experienced,
I only bother with line endings when the editor cannot handle them
properly. Like opening a text file with Unix line endings using
Notepad on Windows (Wordpad does not have this problem).

Instead of coercing the VCS tool to fiddle around with line endings,
might I suggest using a text editor that does not care about line
endings? JEdit is cross-platform and seems to handle varying line
endings pretty well. So does Eclipse, Vim and Emacs. When you use a
text editor that does not care about line endings (but preserves them
when you save your files), then this silly little problem goes away,
yes?

Just my $0.02 :)