[darcs-users] Using darcs with a shared Linux server

Sergej Chodarev sergejx at centrum.sk
Sat Jul 26 09:45:13 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Pi, 2008-07-25 at 17:21 -0500, Patrick Waugh wrote:
> This is what I was trying to use:
>
>   http://www.equational.org/darcs-server/
>
> If you read the page, it seems to make me think that I can use my
> shared server somehow.  If anyone has experience setting this up,
> perhaps they can offer me some tips, as I could not get this to work.
> Not sure if there are better directions somewhere.

If you don't want to grant push access to other people, then you don't
need darcs-server. You can just upload you working directory (with
_darcs directory inside it) with FTP. I'm using sitecopy[1] to do this.

[1]: http://www.manyfish.co.uk/sitecopy/

If you still want to use darcs-server then you will need to upload darcs
binary and darcs-server scripts to server, and then configure
darcs-server (I would like to send you my configuration but I don't have
access to my server now).

On local computer you will need to install darcs-client (you can get it
from the same site as darcs-server) and set special environment variable
so it will be used for pushing
        export DARCS_APPLY_HTTP="darcs-client apply"
You will also need to sign patches with GPG for authentication.