[darcs-users] darcs patch: fix type witness compile errors specific to ghc 6.8

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Tue Jul 29 17:24:04 UTC 2008

Jason,

I'm willing to accept this patch after you've tried one possible fix
that would avoid this ugliness.  Could you try replacing the $
operator with parentheses instead of defining new functions for these
fixes?  e.g.

> -mergeUnravelled ws = case reverseFL `fmap` mergeConflictingNons
> -                                           (map sealed2non $ filter notNullS ws) of
> +mergeUnravelled ws = case mergeUnravelled_private ws of

would become

mergeUnravelled ws = case reverseFL `fmap` mergeConflictingNons
                                           (map sealed2non (filter
                                           notNullS ws)) of

and

> -          mcn [Sealed p] = case sort_coalesceFL $ effect p of -- this is just a safety check, and could
> -                           NilFL -> Just p                    -- be removed when we're sure of the code.
> +          mcn [Sealed p] = case sort_coalesce_effects p of -- this is just a safety check, and could
> +                           NilFL -> Just p                 -- be

would become

mcn [Sealed p] = case sort_coalesceFL (effect p) of -- this is ...

I'm not sure that this will make things work with 6.8 (since I don't
have ghc 6.8), but it would address the only plausible problem I can
see with the current code (which is considerably prettier than your
fixes).

If these fixes don't work (as I mentioned above), I'll apply this
patch.

David