[darcs-users] performance (was GHC and Darcs)

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Wed Jul 30 23:32:47 UTC 2008

On Jul 31, 2008, at 12:13 am, Don Stewart wrote:

> You could try working through Real World Haskell instead,
>
>    http://book.realworldhaskell.org/beta/
>
> It's much more practically focused then the beginner programming
> books,
> like Huttons.

Hi Don

Don't worry, I was aware of that.  I'm waiting with baited breath for
them to finish it (I mentioned it in an earlier email - I'm hoping it
will be the Haskell equivalent of Programming Ruby and open the
language up to a whole new audience).  I will read Hutton's book now
I've got it.  Half of me wants to wait for the dead tree version of
RWH before I start it though, I like flicking through books and having
them open while I work through examples and exercises.  And you can
read them in bed, and in the bath...

Took me most of an afternoon just to print YAHT!

Cheers,
Ashley

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/