[darcs-users] darcs2 and hidden cionflicts

Benjamin Franksen benjamin.franksen at bessy.de
Fri Jun 6 14:06:38 UTC 2008

Hi All

the hidden conflicts problem
(http://wiki.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/HiddenConflicts) seems to be unsolved in
darcs2, at least when using the old-style repo format. It has bitten us
today and cost me and a co-worker nearly a whole day to track down. It is
generally viewed here as a critical bug and has cost Darcs some reputation
w.r.t. reliability.

Can using the new darcs-2 repo format help to avoid hidden conflicts?

I'd also like to repeat my request for instructions/recommendations on how
to convert multiple branches to darcs-2 format.

Thanks
Ben