[darcs-users] darcs patch: Demonstrate 'hidden conflicts' bug (old format).

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 06:18:23 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 08, 2008 at 01:13:07 +0200, Ben Franksen wrote:
> I wanted to send a patch to add the missing --ignore-times options to this
> test but it is impossible to record anything. Each time I try to record my
> change, darcs insists on completely rebuilding itself. This takes several
> minutes on my machine and after that it fails some test, ending with

Actually, this won't be necessary.  The test suite driver does this for
you (see tests/README.test_maintainers.txt).  You can run just that one
test by doing echo bugs/hidden-conflicts.sh > bugs/tests_to_run and make
bugs.

Sorry, I should have reacted to your last email and saved you the
effort!

> src/Darcs/Patch/Test.lhs:264:0:
>     Warning: No explicit method nor default method for `coarbitrary'
>              In the instance declaration for `Arbitrary SafeChar'

I vaguely recall that this is nothing to be alarmed about if you can
still rebuild darcs

> darcs failed:  exit: ExitFailure 2
> Failed to record patch 'added --ignore-times to darcs record calls
> in /bugs/hidden-conflict.sh'
>
> How do I get around this?

By setting record --no-test in the defaults (_darcs/prefs/defaults).
If you have a look at the manual, you will also see some handy things
you can do with default flags.

Cheers,

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9