[darcs-users] Migrating a related set of branches to darcs-2 format

Lele Gaifax lele at nautilus.homeip.net
Mon Jun 9 12:21:18 UTC 2008

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 11:44:40 +0100
"Eric Kow" <eric.kow at gmail.com> wrote:

> Lele,
>
> 2008/6/9 Benjamin Franksen <benjamin.franksen at bessy.de>:
> > I have seen your message on the darcs-users mailing list archive,
> > http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2008-May/012334.html
> >
> > Have you ever received a feedback? I have recently asked the same
> > question and got no reply either. Have you been lucky in using
> > tailor to covert your other branches? I'd be very grateful for any
> > kind of hints.
>
> Do you have any advice to offer Will and Benjamin?

I'm sorry, but I didn't switch anything to darcs-2 yet, so I cannot
really say anything useful wrt "converting multiple branches".

Tailor is able to migrate a darcs-1 history to an equivalent darcs-2
repository[*]. I can imagine migrating the various branches to their
darcs-2 equivalents: if you start all the migration from a common,
empty darcs-2 repository, I think that you should be able to exchange
patches between the resulting repositories without problems.

I'm willing to help if needed, let me know.

hth,
ciao, lele.

[*] see for example
http://progetti.arstecnica.it/tailor/browser/README.rst#disjunct-working-directories
--
nickname: Lele Gaifax    | Quando vivrò di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas    | comincerò ad aver paura di chi mi copia.