[darcs-users] fwd: volunteers with always-on boxes sought for automated testing

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Tue Mar 4 01:42:21 UTC 2008

On Mar 3, 2008, at 1:03 PM, Thorkil Naur wrote:

> The way I would run this show, I would take up any offer of running
> a buildbot
> slave, even if it were a duplicate of what I already had. In that
> way, you
> reduce the risk of losing individual variants.

It will certainly not burden the buildmaster, nor cause any problems
for the other buildslaves (who are oblivious to the existence of each
other), so technically there's no reason not to run two identical
buildslaves, and if they have subtle differences such as being
different Linux distributions then all the better.

(See the allmydata.org buildbot waterfall [1] for an indication of
our attitude towards such things.  :-))

Regards,

Zooko

[1] http://allmydata.org/buildbot/waterfall