[darcs-users] XML output parsing

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Thu Mar 13 02:49:27 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 7:32 PM, Tim Docker <timd at macquarie.com.au> wrote:

> Does anyone have some existing haskell code that will parse the output
> of  "darcs changes --xml -s"? Or, for that matter another means of
> getting the same info into haskell data structures?
>
> Better to re-use than re-write if possible.

Definitely, re-use is nice.

There appears to be at least 5 Haskell XML libraries:
http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/pkg-list.html#cat:XML

I've used HaXml before and it met my needs.  It's especially nice if you
have the DTD for your XML (I don't have one for darcs, sorry).  And I think
recent versions of HaXml support ByteString (because I added rough support
and AFAIK the maintainer accepted/improved it).

I don't know of anything that is darcs specific, but if you made such a
library on top of one of the existing XML libs and put it into hackage there
would be much rejoicing.

Good luck!
Jason