[darcs-users] darcstats doesn't work for me

Alberto Bertogli albertito at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 01:18:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 09:43:14AM -0700, zooko wrote:
> I just tried to run the "darcstats" tool on this repository:
>
> http://allmydata.org

You mean http://allmydata.org/source/tahoe/trunk?

Which commit is causing the problems?

> I had to make a small patch to darcstats (copied from tailor) to filter
> out a bogus character in a patch name that causes a UnicodeDecodeError.

The patch doesn't seem right. It may work, but it looks like an ugly
workaround.

I can try to take a look at it this weekend but I can't promise
anything.

If somebody wants to take a shot at it, I'd recommend starting by
looking at darcsweb to see if it handles the commit properly, and then
finding out what does darcstats do in a different way (darcstats takes a
lot of code from darcsweb).

Thanks,
		Alberto