[darcs-users] Exchanging patches between case sensitive/insensitive filesystems

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Thu Mar 27 17:38:25 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 10:33:48AM -0500, Rob Hoelz wrote:
> While the problem lies in FAT32, I believe, I thought I'd come here
> looking for suggestions, as I'm sure someone here has encountered this
> problem before.  Thanks for any help you can give me!

I don't recall any bug reports matching what you've described.  Normally
FAT32 is case-preserving, although not case-sensitive.  I would suggest
that it'll be safer to use darcs2 and its hashed repository format on this
filesystem, however, as you'll be much less likely (if it misbehaves) to
have serious corruption result.
Department of Physics
Oregon State University