[darcs-users] Announce. vng: darcs-UI on git

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sun Mar 30 14:21:02 UTC 2008

Hi all,

As someone who loves the darcs user interaction model and general UI, I was
annoyed that everyone around me was using git which has a less-then-optimal
user interface.

As I have grown accustomed to the darcs UI, having been a user for several
years now, I wanted to make darcs work with a git repo and basically be
happy. Unfortunately my haskell skills are not sufficient to get that done in
darcs proper.
Instead I opted for a slightly different approach using a different codebase
(C++ / Qt-core) reusing the appropriate darcs stuff and calling the git
command line.

The result is a command line that works on a git repo, but has the darcs
commands and interaction methods.

More info at;
http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2008/03/30/sourcecode-collaboration/
use  git clone ://repo.or.cz/w/vng.git