[darcs-users] darcs patch: refactor "_darcs" to darcsdir variable

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Thu May 1 11:00:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 10:02:07PM -0700, Jason Dagit wrote:
> I'm not a fan of hardcoded values and I realized we have "_darcs"
> appearing all over in the source base.  So in the spirit of relaxing
> mindless programming tasks I've refactored it all to Darcs.Global (not
> sure that's the right place, but the other ones I tried created module
> import cycles).

Personally, I don't dislike hardcoded values.  Searching for _darcs to
change it is not really much harder than searching for darcsdir to change
it.  In the latter case, you have the advantage that you can make the
compiler do the searching, but the former is pretty easy.

I think I'd rather have this somewhere else than Global.  Global is the
module for ugly things like global variables, while this is a global
constant.

> Wed Apr 30 21:26:50 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
>   * refactor "_darcs" to darcsdir variable

But I'll apply this anyhow, and the refactoring can later be refactored.
Department of Physics
Oregon State University