[darcs-users] buildbot news and two pleas for help

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Thu May 1 21:51:53 UTC 2008

We now have four buildslaves:

http://allmydata.org/buildbot-darcs/
http://allmydata.org/buildbot-darcs/waterfall

They are currently named after the generous person who operates them:
ertai, heffalump, zooko windows, and jules.  We would love to have
more!  Setting one up is easy.   Contact me!

At David's suggestion, I added "make test_network" to all buildslaves
and for jules's buildslave (which is the only one, so far, using GHC
6.6), I added "--with-typewitnesses" to the configure line.

I made the buildmaster's config file publicly viewable:

http://allmydata.org/buildbot-darcs-master.cfg

Also per David's suggestion, the buildbot is configured to send e-
mail to darcs-devel at darcs.net whenever the build goes from green to red.

As you can see from the waterfall, I still need to install libz on my
Windows machine so that darcs can build.

Heffalump's buildslave takes a long time to check out the darcs
source code.  If he configured a global cache as described in the
manual then it would go a lot faster:

http://darcs.net/manual/node5.html#SECTION00510000000000000000

Lastly, and only partially related, my team's live view of our source
code broke today:

http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/browser

says: "darcs query contents --quiet --match "hash
20080104182742-92b7f-e8fd5c081c1f42ba0515e8d9f5ea23947e51c0c8.gz"
"COPYING.GPL") failed: 2, darcs failed: Error applying hunk to file ./
misc/hatch-eggs.py"

Please help!

I don't know what changed today, but I do know that the underlying
problem has already been analyzed in

http://bugs.darcs.net/issue815

and

http://bugs.darcs.net/issue693

David sketched out a solution in this message:

http://bugs.darcs.net/msg4359

If you are a good Haskell hacker, then please help.  I would be very
grateful.

Regards,

Zooko