[darcs-users] darcs2 performance regression

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Fri May 2 02:30:31 UTC 2008

On Apr 30, 2008, at 2:53 PM, Simon Marlow wrote:

> I just tried a hashed version of the testsuite repo, and it's
> slower if
> anything.
>
> $ time darcs2 w -s
> 11.04s real   10.13s user   0.67s system   97% darcs w -s
>
> (the darcs-1 repo was around 8 seconds)
>
> I got progress messages this time, and it was "Reading pristine"
> pretty
> much all the time.

Dear Simon Marlow:

Thank you for this performance report.

Gwern Branwen has recently contributed a couple of patches intended
to speed up this sort of thing:

http://allmydata.org/trac/darcs-2/changeset/5593

http://allmydata.org/trac/darcs-2/changeset/5592

Is the darcs-2 that you are using the darcs-2.0 release version?
Would you be willing to try a version with those patches and/or to
generate profiling data for us?

Thanks!

Regards,

Zooko