[darcs-users] darcs head on Solaris issues.

Karel Gardas kgardas at objectsecurity.com
Fri May 2 19:42:46 UTC 2008

Hello,

I've hacked latest darcs (actually what I had on disk from morning) by
recommended replace of getSymbolicLinkStatus -> getFileStatus (big
thanks to Greg Holtz for it!) and so darcs is running (at least kind of)
and allowed me to prepare Solaris buildbot for you. It's already
connected to Zooko's master and it seems it's already building for you. :-)

Hmm, developer side note: if we're not able to solve ghc's
getSymbolicLinkStatus issue, what about to workaround it directly in
darcs, create darcs' specific getSymbolicLinkStatus for Win32 (as it is
today), Solaris (with workaround) and then just plain "delegating"
getSymbolicLinkStatus which would use ghc's own getSymbolicLinkStatus?
Of course I 100% agree that nice clean patch for ghc's
getSymbolicLinkStatus would be the best...

Thanks,
Karel