[darcs-users] [GNU/Open]/Solaris support and getSymbolicLinkStatus issue (SOLVED)

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Tue May 6 06:12:34 UTC 2008

David Roundy wrote:
> By the way, we could put into the configure script a little test that
> checks for the buggy getSymbolicLinkStatus and works around it by just
> calling getFileStatus.  I don't know if there are enough solaris
> systems out there to warrant this.

I think this is not only Solaris issue, since I think we hit this bug:

which is reported to happen on Linux. Since this is just ghc 6.8.2
release affected I think workarounding this issue by using getFileStatus
in darcs is too much trouble for nothing. Anyway, nice test case which
would break configure process with clear message about what to do would
be nice. I'll try to prepare such patch. If you don't agree, then it
might be changed easily to what you propose above.

Cheers,
Karel