[darcs-users] patch: fix pull_many_files.pl test to search for GNU tar first

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Tue May 6 11:14:43 UTC 2008

David Roundy wrote:
> On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 09:00:11AM +0200, Karel Gardas wrote:
>> Tue May  6 08:53:21 CEST 2008  Karel Gardas <kgardas at objectsecurity.com>
>>   * fix pull_many_files.pl test to search for GNU tar first
>
> Applied.  Thanks!  A simpler approach might be to just use the traditional
> approach of using gzip to do the decompression.

Yes, but unfortunately this is not working since Sun's tar complains
about `@LongLink' and leave IIRC @LongLink file created on the
filesystem which causes other troubles. So I decided to search for real
GNU tar, which is available on SunOS and *BSD in a form of `gtar' anyway...

> Also, if you use darcs
> send, these patches ought to be sent both to me and to the list.

To which list? darcs-devel@ ?

Thanks,
Karel