[darcs-users] darcs spinning on smallish repo

Kenn Knowles kenn at kenn.frap.net
Wed May 7 17:29:42 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I have possibly broken repos, or a bug.

Pulling from
(1) http://code.haskell.org/~kknowles/repos/pamphlet
into
(2) http://code.haskell.org/broken_pamphlet

Seems to reliably make darcs hang.  The two are identical up through
the last few patches, which touch disjoint files from most of the rest
(it is a blog-post archival repo).  Have I messed up mixing darcs
versions?  I've never run 'darcs convert' on either, and they have a
common ancestor initialized many version ago.  Now, on my laptop

$ darcs --version
2.0.0 (Gentoo 2.0.0)

On code.haskell.org
$ darcs --version
1.0.9rc1 (release candidate 1)

I noticed the problem when pulling from (1) to a local repo.  Upon
hanging, I copied the local repo up to (2) and tried the pull on
codehaskell.org, with the same results.  Since the pull was just a
couple of small patches, and the repos are tiny, I thought that it
probably was something other than an exponential conflict issue.

I'm happy to re-"get" (1) and work from there, I just thought this
might expose some bug.

- Kenn