[darcs-users] darcs spinning on smallish repo

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Wed May 7 18:14:03 UTC 2008

>  Oh, I'm sorry!  It was a typo.  I deliberately uploaded it just so it
>  _would_ be online for troubleshooting.  (2) is at
>   http://code.haskell.org/~kknowles/broken_pamphlet

I'm not entirely sure, but it looks like you have indeed run into the
exponential conflicts issue with your two patches (basically with
ModelChecking.lhs).  [If I understand correctly re: 'exponential' and
number of patches, the n in question involves the primitive patches,
i.e., hunks and friends, and not specifically the named patches, so n
may be larger than it looks]

See if you can recognise your repo in the Conflicts FAQ:
http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/ConflictsFAQ

It has tips for avoiding these kinds of issues in practice.
Converting to the darcs-2 format should make it much easier to avoid
such problems.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9