[darcs-users] darcs patch: Use System.Directory.getTemporaryDirecto... (and 3 more)

E.Y.Kow at brighton.ac.uk E.Y.Kow at brighton.ac.uk
Fri May 9 15:53:17 UTC 2008

Note: I think the pipeDoc patch makes tests fail.  But maybe somebody would be
willing to fix it.  I just dumbly copy-and-pasted the code from execDocPipe

Fri May  9 15:30:35 BST 2008  Eric Kow <E.Y.Kow at brighton.ac.uk>
  * Use System.Directory.getTemporaryDirectory to determine tmp location.

  This is more portable.  For instance, it understands Windows's
  conventions.

Fri May  9 15:56:36 BST 2008  Eric Kow <E.Y.Kow at brighton.ac.uk>
  * Create temporary files with openBinaryTempFile.
  Remove some mkstemp-related code which is no longer used.

Fri May  9 16:34:06 BST 2008  Eric Kow <E.Y.Kow at brighton.ac.uk>
  * Create temporary files in the current directory.
  We don't know how openBinaryTempFile behaves with an empty string
  as the directory.

Fri May  9 16:51:44 BST 2008  Eric Kow <E.Y.Kow at brighton.ac.uk>
  * Pipe documents directly to the external program.
  Do not create a temporary file.