[darcs-users] darcs patch: Use System.Directory.getTemporaryDirecto... (and 3 more)

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Sun May 11 15:49:58 UTC 2008

>  How did this discussion end up?  Are the Haskell temp file/temp
>  directory abstractions good enough for darcs?

Most of my patches were accepted; and one was replaced by a better
version from David

>  Does darcs now create temp files in the system-appropriate temp
>  directory where they belong?

Not very much has changed, although the code has been simplified to
use more standard libraries.  In other words, temporary files which
are used by darcs itself will still be created in the current
directory, and not a designated temp.

On the other hand, in places where darcs pays attention to
DARCS_TMPDIR, it will now respect Windows conventions (i.e. TEMP
instead of TMPDIR), where appropriate.  Also, the bug which made it
impossible to do darcs --help in a write-protected directory has been
fixed.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9