[darcs-users] a new issue tracker that darcs developers could consider using (Re: bugs.darcs.net issues)

Lele Gaifax lele at nautilus.homeip.net
Mon May 12 16:34:45 UTC 2008

On Mon, 12 May 2008 08:35:14 -0700
"Jason Dagit" <dagit at codersbase.com> wrote:

> Could you show us how to do this source code linking in the ticket?

Basically, "source:/somedir/somefile" becomes a link to the file in
the repository; #X becomes a link to ticket X; [123] becomes a link to
changeset 123 (see below).

> But, I have often felt like trac is a
> bit obnoxious to use.  I recall sumbitting a cut&paste bug report in
> some trac ticket once and as I recall it assumed I wanted to use wiki
> markup so it ignored all the whitespace.

Yes, wiki syntax is almost every where. I think it can be disabled
with an option...

You need to write something like
{{{
 This
   is a
  verbatim
section
}}}

> This changeset viewer is nice:
> http://allmydata.org/trac/darcs-2/changeset/5709
>
> Although, trac was obviously built for svn and not darcs.  Those rXXXX
> numbers are not such a good idea with darcs.  I'd much rather have a
> link to the patch name.  The "view changes" button that appears on
> some pages seems broken or silly.  TortoiseSVN has a similar feature,
> but at least in Tortoise you can choose your revision numbers by
> looking at a searchable log (basically darcs changes).

This is not really a Trac limit, for example the hg backend uses the
hash of the patch. So blame trac-darcs author... :-)

ciao, lele.
--
nickname: Lele Gaifax    | Quando vivrò di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas    | comincerò ad aver paura di chi mi copia.