[darcs-users] HTTP support and Windows Build

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Wed May 14 10:54:40 UTC 2008

David Roundy wrote:
> On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 10:48:09AM -0700, Jason Dagit wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Last time I checked the windows build of darcs required an installation of
>> cygwin.  I think this was needed for:
>> * autotools
>> * http support?
>
> No, I'm pretty certain that the windows build works just fine with msys.
> As far as I know, Zooko's the first one to try building darcs under
> cygwin.

I build darcs under cygwin, using a static libcurl and libz.  I make the
following change to configure.ac:

/builds/darcs-2.0.0 > diff configure.ac~ configure.ac
396c396
< CURLLDFLAGS=
---
 > # CURLLDFLAGS=

and then autoconf, and configure like this:

export CURLCFLAGS="-Ic:/builds/curl-7.16.0/include -DCURL_STATICLIB"
export CURLLDFLAGS="-Lc:/builds/curl-7.16.0 -lcurl -lwinmm -lws2_32 -lws2_32"
export CPPFLAGS=-Ic:/builds/zlib-1.2.3
export LDFLAGS=-Lc:/builds/zlib-1.2.3
export CC=c:/mingw/bin/gcc

./configure --without-libcurl --target=mingw

The --without-libcurl is to prevent the automatic detection of libcurl, not
to disable libcurl.  I did all this a while back, I guess the issue is
something to do with not wanting to bother with installing libcurl/libz.

Anyway, my darcs2 build on Windows just fell over like this:

[ghc] src/Darcs/Arguments.o

src/Darcs/Arguments.lhs:88:39:
     Warning: Imported from `Darcs.Hopefully' but not used: `info'

src/Darcs/Arguments.lhs:89:65:
     Warning: Imported from `Darcs.Patch' but not used:
                `list_touched_files'

src/Darcs/Arguments.lhs:90:0:
     Warning: Module `Darcs.Patch.Info' is imported, but nothing from it is
used,

                except perhaps instances visible in `Darcs.Patch.Info'
              To suppress this warning, use: import Darcs.Patch.Info()

src/Darcs/Arguments.lhs:94:0:
     Warning: Module `Darcs.Progress' is imported, but nothing from it is used,
                except perhaps instances visible in `Darcs.Progress'
              To suppress this warning, use: import Darcs.Progress()

src/Darcs/Arguments.lhs:107:17:
     Warning: Imported from `Printer' but not used: `renderString'

src/Darcs/Arguments.lhs:107:52:
     Warning: Imported from `Printer' but not used: `vcat'
make: *** [src/Darcs/Arguments.o] Error 1

I've removed -Werror for now.

Cheers,
	Simon