[darcs-users] HTTP support and Windows Build

David Roundy daveroundy at gmail.com
Thu May 15 01:05:57 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 8:14 AM, zooko <zooko at zooko.com> wrote:
> On May 14, 2008, at 6:04 AM, Simon Marlow wrote:
>> ... ok, the build has finished.  Here are the test results I'm
>> getting:
>>
>> TESTS FAILED!
>>          uniqueoptions.sh
>>          optimize_relink.sh
>>          issue538.sh
>>          issue458.sh
>>          issue381.sh
> I have not yet investigated those test failures.

In at least a couple of those the issue is obviously just a bug in the
test script.  The optimize_relink.sh test has some cleverness to try
to determine if hard links are supported on your filesystem, and exit
with success if they won't work on your system.  So it should
trivially pass on windows (which doesn't support hard links).  I've no
idea why the check doesn't work (I didn't try hard enough to
understand it... maybe cygwin is able to trick the script somehow).

The uniqueoptions script is another trivial one.

I don't remember what the other three were (I think I glanced at them
all), but would guess that it's only a matter of fixing shell scripts,
not bugs in darcs.  Of course, once you've fixed those, you'll need to
fix the perl scripts...

David