[darcs-users] down with autoconf

David Roundy daveroundy at gmail.com
Thu May 15 01:13:30 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 6:57 PM, zooko <zooko at zooko.com> wrote:
> If I'm to be responsible for a certain amount of darcs support going
> forwards, for example building darcs on Windows, then please allow me
> to vote in favor of us at least exploring the option of an
> alternative to autoconf.

I'm not familiar any autoconf alternatives.  Do you know of any?

Someone could certainly construct one just for darcs.  I wrote a
little package called franchise which does some of what we'd need, but
it'd need a lot of work before it was a satisfactory replacement for
autoconf.  Franchise could also potentially replace gnu make.  But
it'll take a lot of work to catch it up to the where darcs' current
autoconf/make system is.

David