[darcs-users] Windows version of darcs wont 'get'

Santiago Estrada Rubio estrasan at hotmail.com
Thu May 15 15:13:21 UTC 2008

Hello,

>I found the problem, Im using IIS 7 for the first time, and it has no
>default handler for files without extensions.
>I had to add a mime type for .* and now I can access the files. I had
>no trouble browsing the directories, so I thought the site was fine.

I'm using IIS 5, and I have a similar problem (at least equal output):

  darcs failed: Not a repository: http://...host.../SomeRepository (failed
to fetch: http://...host.../_darcs/inventory ExitFailure 1)

IIS 5 has a default mime type for files without extension:
"application/octet-stream". Perhaps this is the problem: I examined the
content type returned by working web repositories, and it is "plain/text"
for files without extension. But it can't be changed. As far as I know, IIS
5 mime types can be added, but old entries can't be changed or overridden.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Santiago Estrada