[darcs-users] darcs patch: resolve issue777: reduce memory usage of darcs put

Reinier Lamers tux_rocker at reinier.de
Wed May 21 18:18:02 UTC 2008

Op 21-mei-2008, om 19:47 heeft zooko het volgende geschreven:

> On May 21, 2008, at 11:28 AM, tux_rocker at reinier.de wrote:
>
>> Wed May 21 00:16:31 CEST 2008  tux_rocker at reinier.de
>>   * resolve issue777: reduce memory usage of darcs put
>>
>>   I did it by creating an incremental version of the SHA-1
>> function. I have to
>>   make some unit tests for it, because I don't trust such an
>> important function
>>   without those.
>
> Cool!
>
> And you are wise to require unit tests for such a function.
I made some and ran them, so I'm quite convinced now that the code is
correct. I'll send a bottle of beer by mail to anyone who spots a bug
in the code with his bare eye.

But the QuickCheck framework appears to be in the src/Darcs/Patch
directory (so specifically intended for the patch functions?). Is
there anyone who would complain if I moved the QuickCheck tests to
the src/ directory and added the SHA-1 tests?

Reinier