[darcs-users] darcs, cache and darcs1 type repo

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Thu May 22 13:39:05 UTC 2008

Hello,

am I right that darcs2 while getting sources from the darcs1 repo is not
using nor populating darcs cache? i.e. I have set darcs cache as
suggested here:
http://darcs.net/manual/node5.html, concretely:

mkdir -p $HOME/.darcs/cache
echo cache:$HOME/.darcs/cache > $HOME/.darcs/sources

I've done this on Solaris buildbot, then forced rebuild of darcs and it
seems cache is populated by some darcs patches. Also get seems to be
fantastically fast. The same buildbot is used for ghc, but it seems that
`darcs get -v --partial http://darcs.haskell.org/ghc-stable/ghc' command
has not put any ghc patch into the cache.

In fact I'm quite interested in using darcs cache for ghc repo, since
get from it takes around 3 hours here. Is there any workaround for this
issue (if it's issue) or did I make any mistake in using the cache?

Thanks,
Karel