[darcs-users] wishlist for darcs 2.1 -- green buildbots

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Thu May 29 11:47:10 UTC 2008

zooko wrote:

> Next, karel's solaris box fails to compile, with this error message:
>
> http://buildbot.darcs.net/builders/karel%20solaris%20Solaris-5.11%
> 20nevada-79a%20x86_64/builds/43/steps/compile/logs/stdio
>
> [ghc] src/OldFastPackedString.o
>
> src/OldFastPackedString.hs:98:0:
>      Bad interface file: /usr/local/ghc-2008-05-04/lib/
> ghc-6.8.2.20080430/lib/base-3.0.1.0/System/Mem.hi
>          magic number mismatch: old/corrupt interface file?

We have a suspected bug in GHC that causes this error randomly.  Due to the
lack of a repeatable test case, we haven't made any progress on tracking it
down.  If anyone can repeat it, we'd love to hear about it.

There are other things that can cause the above error message: e.g. old or
corrupt interface files, as the message says, so the above instance might
not be "the bug", I just thought I'd mention it in case you've ruled out
other causes.

Cheers,
	Simon