[darcs-users] Which google SoC 2007 projects were done?

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Thu May 29 15:34:23 UTC 2008

On May 29, 2008, at 5:50 AM, Eric Y. Kow wrote:

> * A benchmark suite for darcs. Possibly make it version-control-system
>   independent, so we could have automated and meaningful
> performance benchmarks
>   against competitors?

Ooh!  That would be so cool!  It would be good for our so-called
"competitors", too, which is good.

+1

Having benchmarks would really be a big help in improving
performance, of course (both for darcs and for competitors, which is
good).

> * Gui support. Eric's done some work on the wxhaskell gui,

Ooh, that would be so cool.

> * Conflicts work?
>       o 2008-06: done for 2.0.0... maybe some more to do?

I've heard that it is still possible to get exponential conflict
resolution lockup with > 10 conflicts.

> * Add support for a character-based hunk patch type. May require
> tuning of the
>   LCS algorithm, if we want this to work for large files.
>       o 2008-06: still open

Possibly related: Bram's Diff Algorithm:

http://bramcohen.livejournal.com/37690.html

Regards,

Zooko